Thursday, May 1, 2008

St. Petersburg Russia

We arrived in St. Petersburg on the 25th March. Ok I was nervous because I was going to meet my daughter. Deep in my heart I knew that she was going to be perfect but still you have those doubts that creep in. I also had to have my 8 MD done which was another thing that I was nervous about. Oh, not to mention that I was traveling to a foreign country where most/all of them don't speak nor understand English. The closer we got to St. Petersburg the sicker I was getting. Yep, I had to use the bag on the airplane!! That was the first time I have ever had to do that! Once we landed I was still sick but not as bad. Now we had to go through customs. We made it through just fine and then the task was to find Viktor our driver. I went to the information booth no Viktor so I had the lady call the number. Well, Viktor was there we passed him several times. We loaded into Viktor's car and off we went. Did anyone say that Russians drive crazy! We loved it. It was snowing in St. Petersburg and was dark and gloomy. I'm sure that also didn't help the way that I was feeling. We got to our hotel and we managed to stay up unitl 9 so that we could get on their time schedule. The next morning would be the 8 MD!

No comments: