Monday, June 2, 2008

May 26, 2008 Another day I won't forget!

Waiting and waiting and waiting can really get to you. Especially when well meaning people ask you if you have heard anything. I decided to make a game of it and count how many times in a day I was asked that question. 20 times in a period of 4 hours was the record! Even though I tried to make a game of it I felt like I was being beat down and I would never get up again. I knew that God had not left me so I just kept asking Him for the strength to get through it and that is exactly what He would do. He would give me enough strength to get through the day and the next day if I would ask Him for it. On Monday, May 26th my little girl turned 14 months. I tried not to dwell on the fact that another month had gone by and I was not with her. I tried to look at it as yet another day closer to bringing her home. As I was looking at the sky I just started talking to God and told Him I don't know how much longer I can go on like this but you do so I will go through it. I decided enough was enough and I had to get busy getting things done around my house. At 2:03 my phone rang and it was Arna. She asked if I was sitting down and I said that I would be. "We have a court date for you, June 19th!" I was in shock and repeatedly thanked her over and over. As soon as I was off the phone I repeatedly thanked God over and over! While this process is not over, I know He has seen it through to completion. Trusting Him has been a lesson for me that I'm still learning. Looking back on it all had it not gone the way He wanted it to go, I would have never gotten this particular little girl and she is the one He wanted me to have. Waiting and waiting and waiting has been the best thing in my life!

No comments: