Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


Mother’s Day is this Sunday and yes I get to join the ranks of those celebrating it! This Mother’s Day is my 1st of many more Mother’s Days to come. Although I’ve only been a mother for 10 months it seems as though it has been a lot longer. Those 10 months to be honest have not been the easiest for me but they have been a breeze for miss London Laura Sofiya. I will be the first to admit there have been many days that I have questioned God whether I heard His call right or not. When I question Him, He quickly reminds by placing this child, who no one wanted, who has changed more lives then she will ever realize, who has blossomed into this wonderfully, intelligent, beautiful 2 yr. old and that is when He smacks me in the head. These past 10 months have been a learning process of always keeping my eyes on Him. Seriously, I had my life all planned out the way it was supposed to go and a child was not included into that. The key word in the last phrase if you didn’t pick it up was I had planned. I’m so happy that “I” didn’t follow my plan. Trusting God has never been my strongest asset which is why I’m sure that He led me to London. Since London my friendships have been tested, my finances have been tested and my faith has been tested. Some of those tests I have failed because I was more focused on the “it” then on Him to get me through. With my friendships there have been many tests on different levels. I can’t just pick up and run off to the movies or Barnes and Noble like I used to and with that I don’t get to see those friends as often. Sure I still talk with them at least once a week but I don’t get to see them and I do miss it. My finances took a huge hit because of the cost of International Adoption and also because I have only one income. If I had had all the money, like Madonna, would I still look to God and have to trust Him every month? I would hope so but I’m human and I think I would fail Him in that area. Every month He asks me to trust Him and every month I do. Maybe I can’t go out and just buy anything like I used to but our basic needs He supplies. Maybe I’ll be in debt for another 10 years and maybe someday He will surprise me and I won’t have to live like this. I only hope that when that day comes, I will honor whatever request He places in my life and on my heart. Knowing what I know now, I still would go in debt for this child no questions asked. My daughter had no problem fitting into my life. When she stepped foot into my house the first time, it was as if she knew that she was home. It was me who had the problem. I had lived on my own for all these years and now there was this little person who was sharing my life and my home. However, God knew what He was doing when He put us together. She is perfect for me. She challenges me to grow as the chosen mom for her. I have been very blessed to have been given her and to have been given the friends and parents that I have. When I need to have some "me" time, they step in and help out and for that help I will be forever grateful. For the last 4 days, I haven’t been able to hug and kiss my daughter. Why? I have the flu. Maybe it is the H1N1 virus. The doctor didn’t say it was but they did give me a mask to wear in public and the Tamiflu pill. Oh yeah, plus I have all of the friggin symptoms! So, to keep her safe she has been at my parents. Keeping her safe, loving her, being her mom and teaching her that she is a child of God that is what I’m called to do.
For all of us mothers and those soon to be mothers, let me leave you with this we ARE the perfect mother that God has chosen for our children. He chose us just for them. He did not make a mistake. Some people might say that I saved London but the truth is she saved me! Happy Mother’s Day!

No comments: